Main menu

Pages

I'm Excited to Get to Work, says John Klingberg.

Anaheim Ducks

After signing a one-year contract with Anaheim, defenseman John Klingberg met with the media Monday morning to give an explanation for what led him to be part of the Ducks, his ideas on altering groups for the first time in his NHL profession and how he can assist mentor some of his new team's younger core.



On becoming a member of the Ducks:

If you seem to be at their team, they've obtained some actual fascinating younger players, and they took a step closing year. With Zegras and Troy Terry and these guys, what they did closing 12 months is thrilling for the future. I'm simply excited to be in a position to come there and strive to assist the group enhance and be even higher subsequent season.

If you appear at the signings in free company as nicely with Ryan Strome and Frank Vatrano, I assume these are two truly exact signings as well. If you appear at the shielding core, there may be Drysdale – he is young, and it appears like he can have an absolutely shiny future in the league. Cam Fowler and Kevin Shattenkirk as veterans, plus Adam Henrique and Silfverberg, too, it is a very fascinating group to be a phase of. I'm excited to get down there and get to work.

On altering groups for the first time in his NHL career:

Yeah, it is some thing that I've been organized for greater than a 12 months proper now. So, it is in all likelihood going to be a little bit different, I'm now not sure, however at the identical time I'm very excited. It's going to be like a new chapter in me and my family's existence coming down to California. So it is going to be exciting. I see myself as a very social guy, so I'm simply going to strive to come down there and be a section of the team from day one and strive to construct from there.

On signing a one-year contract:

We had been searching for long-term, it's no longer a secret. The market is what it is, proper now. We had to swap up the methods a little bit and at the stop of the day, I realized it is going to be a shorter time period deal right here transferring into the future. There had been a few groups the place it got here down to the place I assume the quantity used to be honest and the place the different groups had been at as well. I selected between a couple of groups and for myself the individual, with what I stated [about] the place I assume the Anaheim Ducks as a team, the place the agency is and what they attempt to construct on for the future, I suppose it is thrilling for me. Start off with one 12 months and see the place matters will cross on from there. That's sort of the notion method I used to be going through.

On probably incomes a long-term contract, subsequent summer:

I mean, it is possibly a section of the plan, however I'm no longer going to seem to be to a long way ahead. Obviously, I choose to get a lengthy time period at the quit of the day. Right now, I'm signing one yr with Anaheim, and we're going to have to take it from there. I cannot focal point on what's going to be there in one year. I'm going to want to have a precise season, and the crew is going to want to have an exact season as well. I assume if the crew is successful, I'm going to be successful.

On his practicable function with the Ducks:

I talked to Pat [Verbeek] main up to my choice and I suppose we had a good, open and trustworthy talk. That's what you recognize as a player. You can not put up too many phrases and promises. I apprehend that phase of the business, and Pat stated that, too. It's going to be up to myself to come in there and show myself for the ice time and function I'm going to have. It's up to me to be capable to be equipped for and make contributions to the crew success.

On supporting to mentor Jamie Drysdale and the team's different younger players:

I'm simply going to be myself and if he feels like he has some matters he desires to run by means of me, I'm going to be open each and every day to do that. I suppose it really is simply a phase of who I am as a man or woman and individual. And it is no longer going to simply be him. I assume it is going to be with a lot of guys too. Like I said, I'm simply going to be myself and I see myself as a beneficial man that they can run their opinions and ideas by. So I'm simply going to come down there and strive to be myself. 


Comments